Tuesday 24 April 2012

Just Some Ramblings Part 2

Still on the topic of spring
Something else we can do in the Spring is go through our closet, shed or basement, giving us the perfect opportunity to discard those items we no longer use.  I create three piles: the first for items I wish to keep, the second for items going to the consignment store or for resale, and the third for those items that will go to charity.  If I have not used an item during the previous 12 months or more, there is little chance I will use it again.  Ridding ourselves of items we no longer use gives us a sense of freedom, as well as taking up less storage space.  As a society, we generally keep and store far too much.  Consider the boom in self-storage units, despite having larger houses.   After I have completed the sorting, I make a list of necessary items to complete my wardrobe, household supplies or gardening needs.   I take my list shopping with me and stick to it, starting at consignment or second hand stores, and then moving on to regular retail for the items that I could not find previously.  This will keep more money in my pocket, and if I sell some things this will improve my cash flow. 
If you are a gardener, growing your own fruit and vegetables is a great help for your pocketbook.  If you have not planted a garden before, you may want to consider starting a small one in your backyard.  If you don’t have a backyard, try planting fresh herbs, small tomatoes and greens in plant boxes on your deck.  The process of gardening is inexpensive, gives you some exercise, and rewards you with fresh produce.  The greatest part of gardening is sharing produce with your friends, and storing it to enjoy over the winter months.  The cost of starting a garden is minimal and the rewards are great. 
Both of these ideas help to save money, and reduce waste.

  If you have a small business you may be interested in this event.

Title: Small Business Savings Tips
Time: Thursday, May 10th at 9:50am Pacific
Listening method: Phone + Web Simulcast
Password: 54321
Phone number: (206) 402-0100
PIN Code: 316040#


To attend, visit:

http://InstantTeleseminar.com/?eventID=28725636

No comments: